1 hr 30 mins
Lucky Chef's Note:
This is my recipe for meat loaf. However, I have always cooked it in a 9x11 pyrex baking dish so my husband calls it meat cake. It even has an "icing " on top. I usually make mashed potatoes and a green vegetable to go with this. I also have enough leftovers to make meat cake sandwiches later in the week. The meat cake sandwiches are delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs hamburger meat
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 7/8 ounce brown gravy mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1Saute first 3 ingredients till translucent and let cool.
- 2Mix together bread crumbs, milk, and eggs.
- 3Add in 1/2 can of the tomato paste till mixed inches.
- 4Add the sauteed vegetables.
- 5Mix in the worcestershire, Mrs. Dash and salt and pepper.
- 6By hand mix in the meat so it is well incorporated with all other ingredients.
- 7Pour into the pyrex and flatten out so is even through out the pan.
- 8In separate bowl mix together 1/2 cup ketchup and can of tomato sauce.
- 9Pour it on top of of the cake and bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
- 10In sauce pan mix the rest of the tomato paste with 1 cup water.
- 11Follow the rest of the directions on the gravy mix.
- 12Serve the tomato gravy with the meat cake.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meat Cake
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.4
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 88.1 mg
- Sodium 730.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 17.8 g