1/4 Photos of Mashed Potato Pancakes Southern Style
Southern Lady's Note:
On a rare occasion we have leftover mashed potatoes. Using Mashed Potatoes (the BEST), I added a modern twist to my mom's old Southern recipe. Increase or decrease onion, garlic, hot sauce, and S&P as to your preference. Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside. Bet you can't eat just one!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In medium bowl combine all ingredients.
- 2Whisk together until combined well.
- 3Consistency should be similar to cornbread mixture.
- 4Heat skillet with a light layer of oil on medium-high heat.
- 5(Cast iron skillet browns beautifully).
- 6Spoon batter to form 3 1/2 to 4 inch rounds.
- 7Brown each side to a rich dark golden brown.
- 8Potato Pancakes should look like a thick regular pancake.
- 9Place on paper towel to drain excess oil.
- 10Don't stack on top of each other or the bottom pancakes will become soggy.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mashed Potato Pancakes Southern Style
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 77.7
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 49.1 mg
- Sodium 325.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 2.9 g