Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
On a rare occasion we have leftover mashed potatoes. Using Mashed Potatoes (the BEST), I added a modern twist to my mom's old Southern recipe. Increase or decrease onion, garlic, hot sauce, and S&P as to your preference. Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside. Bet you can't eat just one!
- In medium bowl combine all ingredients.
- Whisk together until combined well.
- Consistency should be similar to cornbread mixture.
- Heat skillet with a light layer of oil on medium-high heat.
- (Cast iron skillet browns beautifully).
- Spoon batter to form 3 1/2 to 4 inch rounds.
- Brown each side to a rich dark golden brown.
- Potato Pancakes should look like a thick regular pancake.
- Place on paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Don't stack on top of each other or the bottom pancakes will become soggy.
Yum! I hardly ever have mashed potatoes in my house, but we had some leftovers today so I decided to make this recipe. Let's just say I am stuffed.... I enjoyed these a little too much, lol. :) I cut the recipe in half and it worked well, was hard to flip for me too like another reviewer said, and got a little messy, but it tasted so good I didn't care. Thanks so much for sharing!
Easy to make for a quick meal. I thought they could use more seasonings, but they did turn a great golden color and tasted very good.
I gave this a try and loved it. Growing up in the south, this was a common breakfast dish of my moms. The only think I changed ...I adding chopped up crispy bacon in the mix. 3 of these pancakes and some scrambled eggs and you are set for the day!