On a rare occasion we have leftover mashed potatoes. Using Mashed Potatoes (the BEST), I added a modern twist to my mom's old Southern recipe. Increase or decrease onion, garlic, hot sauce, and S&P as to your preference. Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside. Bet you can't eat just one!
- In medium bowl combine all ingredients.
- Whisk together until combined well.
- Consistency should be similar to cornbread mixture.
- Heat skillet with a light layer of oil on medium-high heat.
- (Cast iron skillet browns beautifully).
- Spoon batter to form 3 1/2 to 4 inch rounds.
- Brown each side to a rich dark golden brown.
- Potato Pancakes should look like a thick regular pancake.
- Place on paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Don't stack on top of each other or the bottom pancakes will become soggy.