Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Silky and sweetly delicious. From the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- Whip cream.
- Cook onion and celery in one tablespoon of butter until tender but not browned.
- Melt remaining butter in top of double boiler; add flour and blend.
- Add milk gradually, stirring constantly.
- Add cooked vegetables and parsley; season to taste.
- Cook slowly until soup thickens a little; add crab meat.
- Serve in individual dishes with a dollop of whipped cream on top.
There's absolutely nothing "Maryland" about this, other than it has crab in it. I'm glad this site offers the option to change the serving size and I just made 1 serving. I would've been mad if I'd made the whole recipe! Watery, disappointing. I picked the crab back out of it and threw it away.