Silky and sweetly delicious. From the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whip cream.
- 2Cook onion and celery in one tablespoon of butter until tender but not browned.
- 3Melt remaining butter in top of double boiler; add flour and blend.
- 4Add milk gradually, stirring constantly.
- 5Add cooked vegetables and parsley; season to taste.
- 6Cook slowly until soup thickens a little; add crab meat.
- 7Serve in individual dishes with a dollop of whipped cream on top.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maryland Cream of Crab Soup
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.5
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 62.1 mg
- Sodium 604.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 8.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: