1/3 Photos of Marmalade Rye Bread A-B-M
2 hrs 30 mins
Fragrant orange marmalade rye bread, with toasted walnuts -- for an added punch of flavor, I sometimes add 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon! Make as one two-pound loaf, if you prefer! :) The first time I made this bread, due to a family emergency, I had to pull the dough out of the machine before it heated for the first rise. I refrigerated the dough overnight, and the next day let the dough come to room temperature and rise, punched it down, and shaped it into two loaves to rise again before baking in my oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter (soft)
- 1/2 cup marmalade (orange)
- 1 teaspoon orange oil (optional)
- 1 1/4 cups walnuts (TOASTED in dry hot iron skillet, then chopped)
- 2 1/3 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/3 cups rye flour
- 2 tablespoons vital wheat gluten
- 1 teaspoon vital wheat gluten
- 2 tablespoons powdered milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon bread machine yeast
- 1Place wet ingredients into pan of the bread machine.
- 2TOAST walnuts in dry hot iron skillet, stirring constantly until fragrant ~ be careful not to burn!
- 3Chop walnuts and put into large bowl to cool.
- 4Measure flours, vital wheat gluten, and powdered milk into bowl with chopped walnuts ~ Stir to mix.
- 5Place flour mixture into pan of the bread machine, on top of wet ingredients.
- 6Place yeast into one corner of bread machine pan, on top of dry ingredients.
- 7Place salt into opposite corner of bread machine pan, on top of dry ingredients.
- 8For baking in oven ~ SELECT DOUGH CYCLE. (See description if you want to refrigerate dough overnight for a slower rise and a delayed bake in the oven).
- 9TO BAKE IN BREAD MACHINE: SELECT WHOLE WHEAT CYCLE; 2-LB LOAF; LIGHT CRUST. ~~~~ NOTE: I HAVE NOT BAKED THIS IN THE ABM!
- 10TO BAKE IN OVEN:.
- 11Shape dough into two one-pound loaves and let rise until doubled in size.
- 12Bake at 375F for metal pans; 350F for Pyrex or glass ~ bake 20 minutes; cover loaves with foil and bake for 10-15 minutes more!
- 13For a soft outside crust, brush hot loaves on all surfaces with melted butter.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marmalade Rye Bread A-B-M
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 123.0
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 9.6 mg
- Sodium 130.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vital wheat gluten
vital wheat gluten