Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 hrs
This variation on most recipes for this dish is taken from "Savannah Style", a cookbook published by the Jr. League there in 1980. Cooking time is marinating time in refrigerator.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon HP steak sauce
- 3 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, cooked & peeled
- Combine all of the above except onions & shrimp to make a sauce.
- Pour over the sauce onto the mixture of the onions & shrimp.
- Marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Serve with crackers using toothpicks.
Outstanding recipe for any occasion! I have made this several times and guest love it!