Co-workers often ask me to bring in my Ranch Dressing to have in the lunch room. This is the recipe I normally use.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream or 1/4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons nonfat yogurt, lemon flavour optional
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chives, snipped
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon, zest of
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon mixed dried herbs or 1 teaspoon mixed fines herbes
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4-3/4 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1Use a food processor, blender, or whisk by hand, all of the ingredients except buttermilk.
- 2Add buttermilk a little at a time until desired consistency is reached (If you like a thicker consistency, this can double as a dip or a spread).
- 3Chill 4-6 hours or overnight.
- 4Serve over crisp salad greens and garnish with croutons.
- 5For variation, omit salad herbs, and add 3/4 cup chopped green onion and 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese or spicy Feta cheese.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Ranch Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (12 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 14.7
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 3.0 mg
- Sodium 6.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules