Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Co-workers often ask me to bring in my Ranch Dressing to have in the lunch room. This is the recipe I normally use.
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream or 1⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons nonfat yogurt, lemon flavour optional
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chives, snipped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon, zest of
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon mixed dried herbs or 1 teaspoon mixed fines herbes
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4-3⁄4 cup fat-free buttermilk
- Use a food processor, blender, or whisk by hand, all of the ingredients except buttermilk.
- Add buttermilk a little at a time until desired consistency is reached (If you like a thicker consistency, this can double as a dip or a spread).
- Chill 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Serve over crisp salad greens and garnish with croutons.
- For variation, omit salad herbs, and add 3/4 cup chopped green onion and 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese or spicy Feta cheese.
I love this recipe and make it all of the time. Thanks. I don't use low-fat ingredients.
This recipe makes a really nice dressing. Unfortunately I was looking for a flavour to replace the ranch I normally buy and this just wasn't 'ranch' to us. We thought it tasted more like a creamy dill. I would recommend this dressing, but not as a ranch substitute!