Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is similar to a clambake , but the ingredients are boiled instead of grilled over open coals.Cooking and prep times are apprx.
- Scrub clams, set aside.
- Fill a 5- or 6-gallon pot about 2 thirds full with water;bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes, onions, and salt; cover and cook over high heat 20 minutes.
- Add clams, crabs, crab boil, garlic, lemons, and vinegar; cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Add corn, and cook 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and add shrimp; let stand in water 5 minutes.
- Drain off water.
- Arrange boiled seafood and vegetables on a large serving platter.
- Serve with melted butter and cocktail sauce.
Loved this! I had to substitute frozen crab legs for the blue crab since I could not find it for sale anywhere. We whipped this up for company using our turkey fryer and it made the whole neighborhood drool.