1/1 Photo of Louisiana Deviled Crab Cakes
From a magazine that says this about the recipe: "These crab cakes are flavored with the "holy trinity" of Cajun cooking: onion, green bell pepper, and celery. Serve them with a hepling of coleslaw or a green salad." This makes a nice light main course, lunch or appetizer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons celery, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons scallions, thinly sliced
- 16 saltines, finely ground
- 1/2 lb lump crabmeat, jumbo, picked over
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1Cook onion, bell pepper, and celery in 1 tablespoons butter in a 10" skillet over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened, about 8 minutes.
- 2Whisk together egg, sour cream, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne, and salt in a large bowl, then stir in scallion, cooked vegetables, and 1/4 cup saltine crumbs.
- 3Gently stir in crabmeat, then form into 4 cakes (2 1/2 to 3 inches in diameter).
- 4Dredge cakes in remaining saltine crumbs.
- 5Heat oil and remaining 2 tablespoons butter in cleaned skillet over moderate heat until foam subsides, then cook crab cakes, turning once, until golden brown, 8 minutes total.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Louisiana Deviled Crab Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 505.2
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 227.9 mg
- Sodium 909.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 31.7 g