Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make up a jar and keep them in your fridge. Strange though they are, these bright pink beauties are extraordinarily refreshing on a hot summer day. Full on sour dill and tasting of cherry. Tart but sweet. Adapted from Alton Brown's cookbook "Feasting on Asphalt" courtesy of the White Front Cafe, Rosedale, MS.
- Drain the liquid from the pickles into a large container.
- Add the Kool-Aid and the sugar to the liquid and stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove the pickles from the jar, slice them in half lengthwise and return them to the jar.
- Return the liquid to the jar of pickles. Not all of the liquid will fit, but make sure the pickles are completely covered.
- Place in the refrigerator and let sit for 1 week before eating.