Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A wonderful combination of flavors that really compliment each other. Great for cook-outs. Never a morsel left. Clipped from a magazine years ago. Cook time is chill time, I recommend at least an hour just to have things good and cold to start.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 Tbls.
- Combine mayo, mustard and reserved syrup; mix well.
- Set aside and chill.
- In large bowl, combine pineapple, ham, celery and strawberries; mix lightly.
- Chill before serving.
- Add bananas; toss lightly just before serving.
- Serve in lettuce-lined bowl; top with dressing.
- Recipe easily doubled.
- However, if doubling, no need to double dressing, there is plenty so use sparingly even with a single batch.
I had some leftover baked ham and wanted to fix something cool and different than a pasta salad. This time of year our temps are in the high 90's and the heat index is way over 100. By the time I get home from work, I do not want to cook anything. This salad was delicious and perfect for this sultry summer weather. The only substitution I made was I used an equal amount of the canned tropical fruit which contains pineapple, passion fruit, guava and mango. Your suggestion about using the dressing sparingly is a good one! We only used about half of what I made. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe!