I know there are many versions of this recipe, but this is my favorite. Definitely a crowd pleaser.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies (Rotel preferred)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1Saute the onion and bell pepper in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes (until tender).
- 2Stir in the chicken and the next seven ingredients. Remove from heat.
- 3Tear the corn tortillas into 1-inch pieces, and layer 1/3 of them in the bottom of a greased 13 x 9 inch casserole.
- 4Top with 1/3 of chicken mixture and 2/3 cup of cheese. Repeat the layers twice.
- 5Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes.
- 6You can freeze the casserole for a month, if desired. Then thaw it in the fridge overnight, and bake as directed.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for King Ranch Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 487.8
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 78.6 mg
- Sodium 1243.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 26.6 g