Prep 2 mins
Cook 7 mins
This is the ONLY way I can get the rest of my household to eat brussels sprouts (I think I am the ONLY one who loves these things). ;) Great for a quick work night side dish - easy and healthy too. Sometimes I add Johnny's Salad Elegance, but usually the straight-forward simple recipe does it best on this one for the kids.
- 8 ounces frozen Brussels sprouts
- 2 -3 ounces water
- black pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (we prefer sharp)
- Place brussels sprouts in a medium microwave safe dish with a small amount of water to barely cover the bottom of dish (approx. 2-3 oz).
- Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 4 minutes (may vary depending on your microwave).
- Vent carefully to avoid steam burn, sprinkle with pepper if desired and cheese then replace plastic wrap and heat again on high power for another 3 minutes or so until cheese is thoroughly melted.
- Serve immediately and enjoy! ;).
I steamed the brussels sprouts and then added the cheese and melted in the microwave. It was great. Simple but very good. Thanks Chelle :) Made for your cook-a-thon :)
I can only imagine how easy this would be if you had a microwave. I don't have room in my small kitchen for one. I steamed the sprouts instead. Nice, clean taste. I usually load up on butter, but I didn't miss it with this recipe. Thanks Mommy Diva and Fight like a Girl! Hugs
We love brussel sprouts and this was such an easy recipe I had to try. We liked it, but prefer the regular buttered with salt and pepper. However, they were gone by the end of our meal, so I will repeat this recipe, its nice for variety. THank you for sharing this easy recipe.