Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Cooking Adventures from the Clipper Valley.
Make and share this Key Lime Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a muffin pan with paper cups.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the butter, sugar, lime zest, eggs and milk.
- Add to the dry ingredients and beat until blended.
- Fill the muffin tins thre-quarters full.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the pan and set aside for about two minutes.
- While still hot, dip the top of each muffin in the lime juice, then dip them in sugar.
- Place the muffins sugar-side up on a rack.
- As they cool, the sugar will form a crunchy topping.