Recipe Junkie's Note:
From Cooking Adventures from the Clipper Valley.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated key lime zest
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Line a muffin pan with paper cups.
- 3In a large bowl, mix the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 4In another bowl, combine the butter, sugar, lime zest, eggs and milk.
- 5Add to the dry ingredients and beat until blended.
- 6Fill the muffin tins thre-quarters full.
- 7Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in a muffin comes out clean.
- 8Remove the muffins from the pan and set aside for about two minutes.
- 9While still hot, dip the top of each muffin in the lime juice, then dip them in sugar.
- 10Place the muffins sugar-side up on a rack.
- 11As they cool, the sugar will form a crunchy topping.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Key Lime Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1001 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.2
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 58.4 mg
- Sodium 238.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 16.9 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
key lime zest