Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A hand-me-down recipe from my cousin Kevin Landreneaux with a bit of my own added touch.
Make and share this Joe's Spicy 40lb Bag Boiled Crawfish With Fixin's recipe from Food.com.
- 40 lbs purged live crawfish
- 1 (4 ounce) bottleliquid zatarain's crab boil
- 1 lb tones cayenne pepper
- 6 whole leaf bay leaves
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 0.5 (26 ounce) box salt
- 24 new potatoes (small)
- 24 ears corn (small)
- 2 (10 ounce) packages mushrooms
- 6 heads garlic (Cut top of pod off)
- 6 lemons (cut into wedges)
- 2 onions
- 1 (17 ounce) jartony chachere's original seasoning
- 1 (10 lb) bag ice
- PURGE CRAWFISH.
- First thing is to purge crawfish in a separate tub. to do this you simply dump the crawfish in a wash tub or something of size,fill with water over top of crawfish,and then sprinkle a box of salt all over them. Let crawfish set in the salt water for amount of time it takes to get water boiling in stock pot. Then drain & rinse them real good before adding to the pot. (Note: follow below directions before adding crawfish to pot.).
- Fill 100 quart stock pot a lil over half full of water. Add crab boil, cayenne pepper, bay leaves, butter, lemons and salt. Bring to a boil for 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes, corn, onion, mushrooms, and cut garlic pods. Boil another 10 minutes Add crawfish, bring back to a boil for about 5 minutes.
- Cut fire, put in 1 bag of ice and immediately cover pot with lid. Let soak 20 to 30 minutes.
- Drain, throw crawfish in drink box. Sprinkle Tony Chachere's, shake box to mix. Sprinkle and mix until you see spice's on the crawfish good. Enjoy!