1/1 Photo of Joe's Spicy 40lb Bag Boiled Crawfish With Fixin's
1 hr 30 mins
Chef Teer's Note:
A hand-me-down recipe from my cousin Kevin Landreneaux with a bit of my own added touch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 40 lbs purged live crawfish
- 1 (4 ounce) bottle liquid zatarain's crab boil
- 1 lb tones cayenne pepper
- 6 whole leaf bay leaves
- 1/2 cup butter
- 0.5 (26 ounce) box salt
- 24 new potatoes (small)
- 24 ears corn (small)
- 2 (10 ounce) packages mushrooms
- 6 heads garlic (Cut top of pod off)
- 6 lemons (cut into wedges)
- 2 onions
- 1 (17 ounce) jar tony chachere's original seasoning
- 1 (10 lb) bag ice
- 1PURGE CRAWFISH.
- 2First thing is to purge crawfish in a separate tub. to do this you simply dump the crawfish in a wash tub or something of size,fill with water over top of crawfish,and then sprinkle a box of salt all over them. Let crawfish set in the salt water for amount of time it takes to get water boiling in stock pot. Then drain & rinse them real good before adding to the pot. (Note: follow below directions before adding crawfish to pot.).
- 4Fill 100 quart stock pot a lil over half full of water. Add crab boil, cayenne pepper, bay leaves, butter, lemons and salt. Bring to a boil for 10 minutes.
- 5Add potatoes, corn, onion, mushrooms, and cut garlic pods. Boil another 10 minutes Add crawfish, bring back to a boil for about 5 minutes.
- 6Cut fire, put in 1 bag of ice and immediately cover pot with lid. Let soak 20 to 30 minutes.
- 7Drain, throw crawfish in drink box. Sprinkle Tony Chachere's, shake box to mix. Sprinkle and mix until you see spice's on the crawfish good. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Crawfish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crawfish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Joe's Spicy 40lb Bag Boiled Crawfish With Fixin's
Serving Size: 1 (2049 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2217.4
- Calories from Fat 366
- Total Fat 40.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 2090.5 mg
- Sodium 13616.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 185.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 32.8 g
- Sugars 17.1 g
- Protein 292.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: