Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe makes a nice, soft, spoonable cornbread. I like it much better than dry cornbreads I've made.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9x13 glass baking dish by spraying it with cooking spray.
- Pour the Jiffy mix into a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk the sour cream until soft. Mix in the butter, corn, and buttermilk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the Jiffy mix and stir until just blended.
- Pour the mix into the baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes, until it's just starting to brown on top.
Decided to try this recipe as an accompaniment to a big pot of chili I was making. It was easy to prepare. The only change I would make is just adding the boxes of Jiffy cornbread mix directly into the wet ingredients. I don't think it would make much difference if it is well mixed and it would dirty one less bowl. Suggested amount of baking time was perfect in my oven. It turned out very moist and delicious. Keeper.