Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Tasty Jambalaya recipe adapted for a vegan diet. Add any of your favorite meat substitutes.
Make and share this Jambalaya - Vegan and Delicious recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 green peppers, chopped and seeded
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1 (28 ounce) canmuir glen fire-roasted tomatoes or 1 (28 ounce) canany diced tomatoes or 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, crushed
- 3 1⁄2 cups imagine no-chicken broth or 3 1⁄2 cups any vegetarian chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vegetarian worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons whole thyme
- 2 cups rice
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- Heat oil in large pot and add onion, green peppers and garlic. Cook over medium high heat until tender. Add tomatoes and broth and simmer until hot. Add remaining ingredients to veggies. Simmer covered until rice is tender. Mix in any of your favorite meat substitutes and heat through.