Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
What a tasty yet easy meal. Serve with a big glass of sweet tea. Yum!
Make and share this Jambalaya- Crock Pot recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups chopped fully cooked smoked sausage
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 3⁄4 lb uncooked peeled deveined medium shrimp, thawed if frozen
- 4 cups hot cooked rice, for serving
- Mix all ingredients except shrimp and rice in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 7 to 8 hours (or high 3 to 4 hours) or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in shrimp.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting about 1 hour or until shrimp are pink and firm.
- Serve jambalaya with rice.
Good recipe and tastes even better the next day! Very easy, too! Thanks for posting this. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Tag.
I love coming home to a dinner that is practically done. This was easy and delicious. This one is a keeper! The only thing I changed was adding extra red pepper sauce.
Excellent! I have made this a couple of times. Tonight I was out of shrimp and green peppers, so I threw in some jalapenos instead and served over rice. Thanks for posting!