1 hr 5 mins
Got this out of Taste of Home, made a few adjustments and here we are...a one dish meal sure to please! Make this to freeze ahead or serve for a cook out or family gathering.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs pork butt, cubed
- 1 1/2 lbs smoked sausage, cut into 1/2 " slices
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 3 large green peppers, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 12 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 9 cups chicken broth
- 6 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 3 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 3 tablespoons browning sauce, optional
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1Cut pork butt& smoked sausage in small cubes and brown in oil.
- 2Set aside In a large skillet, saute the onions, green peppers, celery and garlic in butter until crisp-tender.
- 3Place in a very large bowl, stir in the remaining ingredients Transfer to three greased shallow 3 qt baking dishes.
- 4*Ifyou are going to freeze do so at this point.
- 5When ready too cook, pull from the freezer, let thaw and continue to next line.
- 6*Ifyou are going to bake all now: Cover and bake at 375F for 45-50 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring twice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jambalaya Casserole for a Crowd
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 469.3
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 66.5 mg
- Sodium 1002.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 14.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: