1/1 Photo of J. Edgar Hoover's Popovers
My father worked for J. Edgar Hoover, so when I found this recipe I had to post it! Adapted from CD Kitchens.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Before starting to make popovers put the greased popover pans into a 450 degrees F. oven and heat until they are sizzling hot.
- 2Beat eggs on medium speed a few minutes until frothy with an electric mixer.
- 3Add salt, sugar, flour and half the milk and mix again, medium speed, until smooth.
- 4Now add remaining milk and melted shortening, and beat at low speed until blended.
- 5Pour batter into hot popover pans, filling each about half full.
- 6Bake at 450°F for 15 minutes.
- 7Reduce heat to 400°F and continue baking for 15 minutes longer.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for J. Edgar Hoover's Popovers
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 88.8
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 55.7 mg
- Sodium 76.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 3.3 g