Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Posted for ZWT 5
Make and share this Hot Cajun Potato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Cook un-peeled potatoes in boiling water in saucepan until tender, almost 40 minute.
- Fry bacon in skillet until crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Remove, drain on paper toweling, crumble & reserve.
- Cook onion in bacon drippings until partially tender, about 5 minutes.
- Blend together sugar, flour, salt, pepper, water and vinegar, add to onion mixture.
- Cook stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and bubbles, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Peel & slice potatoes, add potatoes to onion mixture, heat well, about 5 minutes.
- Add radishes and toss.
- Serve hot, topped with bacon.
This was a great salad...love anything spicy...I did add some of Cajun Seasoning to give it even more of a kick...the red radish was an interesting addition and we really enjoyed it. Thanks for posting! Made and reviewed for Zaar Chow Hounds...ZWT 5.