Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Goes from scratch to table in half an hour, this dish's leftovers are great to make Hoppin' John Burritos. High fiber recipe helps lower serum cholesterol levels, too, but you must use brown rice, not white. Enjoy! And if you really like it hot, add hot sauce.
- Spray the bottom of a 4 or 6 quart/liter pressure cooker with vegetable cooking spray, then sauté chopped onion, rice, and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add water, blackeye peas, and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil.
- Secure lid on pressure cooker, bring to pressure (15 psi), lower heat, and cook under pressure for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, allow pressure to drop for 10 minutes, then release remaining pressure according to manufacturer's directions.
- Carefully open cooker, fluff rice mixture with fork, and serve.
- Makes 8 servings.