Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Posted by request.
Make and share this Homemade Blackberry Jam recipe from Food.com.
- Carefully measure out the berries, put them into a very large pot (8qt).
- Carefully measure sugar in a lg bowl.
- Add the pectin to the berries a little at a time, stirring constantly.
- Heat on hi, stirring constantly until mixture comes to a FULL boil.
- Add sugar ALL at once, stirring.
- Bring mixture back to a full hard boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and ladle into clean, hot 8oz jars, leaving 1/4 inch space at the top.
- Wipe the rim of the jar and put canning lids and rings on fingertip tight.
- Place in canner with very hot water, make sure water is 1 inch above jars.
- Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
- Remove and set them upright on a towel to set for 12 hours.
I have 6 blackberry bushes in my yard.
Great recipe, but my family likes seedless jam.
I do one extra step, I strain the cooked down berries through a wire strainer and to get all the goodness out I push them through with a gravy ladle. Super simple and seedless.
My son LOVES blackberry jam, so I tried this out. It's GREAT! I did cheat and use frozen blackberries, but it was still wonderful.
If I had to write this review in a few words - it would be WOW! and Delicious! Oh and very easy to do. We are a bit new at canning and this recipe was easy to do. I love the fact that I don't have to buy manufactured jams anymore! Thanks for a keeper :)