Posted by request.
Make and share this Homemade Blackberry Jam recipe from Food.com.
- Carefully measure out the berries, put them into a very large pot (8qt).
- Carefully measure sugar in a lg bowl.
- Add the pectin to the berries a little at a time, stirring constantly.
- Heat on hi, stirring constantly until mixture comes to a FULL boil.
- Add sugar ALL at once, stirring.
- Bring mixture back to a full hard boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and ladle into clean, hot 8oz jars, leaving 1/4 inch space at the top.
- Wipe the rim of the jar and put canning lids and rings on fingertip tight.
- Place in canner with very hot water, make sure water is 1 inch above jars.
- Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
- Remove and set them upright on a towel to set for 12 hours.