1/4 Photos of Healthy Shrimp Jambalaya
There is nothing like a delicious meal that you make in one pot! Low in fat and high in flavour, this counts for only 8 WW points. Enjoy!
My Private Note
large b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb shrimp, frozen, cooked (31/40 ct.)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika, smoked or sweet
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes (or more if you like the heat)
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 1/2 cups tomato juice
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1Thaw shrimp according to package instructions; reserve in refrigerator until ready to use.
- 2Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions, garlic, salt, pepper, paprika and hot pepper flakes. Cook until golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in rice until grains are shiny and coated. Pour in tomato juice, broth and lemon juice; bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat to medium and simmer 15 minutes.
- 3Increase heat to medium and stir in corn and green pepper. Cover again and cook 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in shrimp and cook,, covered, until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- 4Let stand 5 minutesbefore serving. Squeeze lemon juice from lemon over rice and garnish with green onions.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Shrimp Jambalaya
Serving Size: 1 (474 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.1
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 142.8 mg
- Sodium 1213.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 23.8 g