6 hrs 40 mins
6 hrs 30 mins
This is a soup that I came up with after I found out that my Christmas ham was too big and I had just to many leftovers. It turned out great, and there were finally no more leftovers. Thank you for trying it. ENJOY!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 leftover ham bone, recommended (optional)
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can water (use empty broth can)
- 1 small onion, halved quartered
- 1 1/2 cups baby carrots
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 cups diced ham, honey glazed if possible
- 1 (28 ounce) can new potatoes, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1In your crock pot combined together the ham bone, onion, carrots, curry, honey, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- 2Turn to high and let cook for 6 hours.
- 3Remove the ham bone and discard.
- 4Add diced ham, new potatoes, and cream of mushroom, stir to combine.
- 5Let cook for at least 30 more minutes.
- 6Serve over rice, egg noodles, or just by itself with a nice country salad and a big knot of bread.
- 7**You can add 2 cans of cream of mushroom if you like it more like chowder than soup.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hamster Soup
Serving Size: 1 (819 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 388.9
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 27.3 mg
- Sodium 2655.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 24.0 g