1/1 Photo of Ham Stuffed Squash or Zucchini Boats
Marg (CaymanDesigns)'s Note:
I was served this when I was a guest at someone's house as a teen. At the time I would have told you I didn't like squash but I enjoyed these!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium summer squash (about 6 inches) or 4 medium zucchini (about 6 inches)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1Cut squash in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a 3/8-inch shell.
- 2Chop pulp and set aside.
- 3In a large saucepan, cook shells in boiling water for 4-5 minutes.
- 4Drain and set aside.
- 5In another saucepan, sauté onion in butter until tender; remove from the heat.
- 6Add ham, bread crumbs, cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese, egg, paprika, pepper and squash pulp; mix well.
- 7Spoon into shells.
- 8Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- 9Bake at 425°F for 12-15 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham Stuffed Squash or Zucchini Boats
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.1
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 125.7 mg
- Sodium 460.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 23.4 g