Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an easy way to get the Glazed Ham Taste without cooking the whole Ham. The longer you let them marinate the more they taste like curred pork chops that are so expensive. This is simple and can be made on the grill or cooked inside in a frying pan. It is also great for tailgating @ South Carolina football games.
- 12 -16 ounces crushed unsweetened pineapple
- 1 cup orange juice (with or without pulp your choice)
- 3⁄4-1 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 center cut ham steaks
- butter or margarine
- Mix pineapple, orange juice, and brown sugar in a large Zip-Lock bag.
- Place ham Steaks and marinate for at least 2 hrs., (I have let them sit overnight and it is better.) This is not included in prep. time.
- Cook on the grill over indirect heat until sugar caramelizes or melt butter inside of frying pan over medium heat. I usually use the frying pan cover for the first half of the cooking time.
My Husband and I loved this recipe !!! We had it for Easter Dinner. I cut the recipe in half for us and it worked out great. I was easy and delicious !!! Thank you for the recipe.
Loved it loved it loved it! *Update* I've made this a few times now, and I think next time I will use concentrated frozen orange juice instead of reconstituted to make the juices thicker. Still love it, though.
My DH loved these ham steaks. I added a 20 ounce can of crushed pineapple and light brown sugar since that is what I had on hand. Wasnt sure where to add the butter so I did not use it. Marinated for 2 1/2 hours and the steaks had a great citrus flavor. We will make these again and I will marinate overnight and try the dark brown sugar. Thank you amature at best for sharing this recipe. Made and reviewed for the New Kid On The Block tag game.