1/2 Photos of Ham, Broccoli, Mac 'n Cheese Casserole
Chef shapeweaver �'s Note:
I had some leftover bits and pieces, and I wanted to clean out the " Fridge ". So, I mixed them all together and came up with this recipe. If you try this, change the amounts of seasonings according to your tastes. Serves 6 with a side salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups uncooked pasta, I used rotini
- 10 ounces of chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 tablespoons stick margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2-2 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces of diced cooked ham
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1Cook pasta according to directions on pasta box.
- 2Drain, but do not rinse.
- 3In same pan that you cooked the pasta in, add margarine and onion.
- 4Cook until onion is slightly softened, add flour and stir until well combined.
- 5Add milk a little at a time, until slightly thickened, you might not need all the milk.
- 6Then add dry mustard,cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
- 7Remove from heat.
- 8Add up to 1 1/2 cups of cheese, and stir until melted.
- 9Add pasta back to cheese mixture, stir until well combined.
- 10Then stir in broccoli and diced ham.
- 11Place into a greased 2 quart baking dish.
- 12Sprinkle top with remaining cheese, and bake in a pre heated 350 degree oven for 35 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham, Broccoli, Mac 'n Cheese Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 529.4
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 101.3 mg
- Sodium 553.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 32.5 g