Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 5 mins
Cook 11 mins
An old family favorite.
Make and share this Grilled Catfish Fillets recipe from Food.com.
- 6 catfish fillets
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Italian salad dressing (the real deal, no low-fat versions)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place fillets in a large resealable plastic bag; add salad dressing.
- Seal bag; refrigerate for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- Combine remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Grill fillets, covered, over medium-hot coals for 3 minutes on each side.
- Brush with sauce.
- Continue grilling for 6-8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, turning once and basting several times.
We enjoyed this grilled catfish. I had 6 large thick fillets and there was plenty of basting sauce. Overall, the fish had a zesty flavor which we all liked. A keeper. Thanks.
We are big fish-eaters. This is a great catfish recipe. I thought it was very well seasoned but we basted the heck out of those catfish so maybe that is why. Grilling time for us was about 4 minutes per side. Kids and adults gave it their approval. Thanks for another great recipe.
I am new to the delightful taste of catfish. My husband and I made this the other night and we both thoroughly enjoyed it. The Italian dressing made a terrific marinade and the basting sauce was yummy. We saved some to dip the fillets in after they were cooked. Delicious. Thanks Nurse Di.