1/4 Photos of Grilled Bacon-Onion Appetizers
OMG these are so good. Sweet and tangy all in one. Goes great with grilled steak and crisp French bread. Cook time does not include the time for marinading. Adapted for TOH
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut each onion into 12 wedges.
- 2Cut bacon strips in half widthwise.
- 3Wrap a piece of bacon around each onion wedge and secure with toothpicks.
- 4Place in an ungreased 13-in x 9-in. x 2-in dish.
- 5Combine the brown sugar, vinegar, molasses, fresh ground pepper and barbecue sauce.
- 6Pour 1/2 cup over onions.
- 7Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, turning once.
- 8Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 9Drain and discard marinade.
- 10Grill appetizers, covered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes, turning and basting frequently with reserved marinade.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Bacon-Onion Appetizers
Serving Size: 1 (1014 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1069.5
- Calories from Fat 556
- Total Fat 61.8 g
- Saturated Fat 20.4 g
- Cholesterol 92.4 mg
- Sodium 1318.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 112.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 93.4 g
- Protein 18.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hickory smoked bacon