Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
I love grilled asparagus and this recipe adds a special touch! Recipe courtesy of the Neely's.
Make and share this Grilled Asparagus With Barbecue Butter recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs large asparagus, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon neelys bbq seasoning, recipe follows
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon neelys bbq seasoning, recipe follows
- 1⁄2 cup butter, slightly softened
Neelys BBQ Seasoning
- 4 ounces paprika
- 2 ounces white sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- For the BBQ seasoning: Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
- For the butter: Mix rub into butter. Spread the butter mixture lengthwise across a piece of plastic wrap. Roll the butter up tightly into a log and twist the ends. Refrigerate.
- Asparagus: Preheat grill. If using a stovetop grill, use medium-high heat. Gently toss asparagus with seasoning, oil and salt and pepper, to taste. Grill asparagus until tender, turning once, about 6 minutes. Serve with barbecue butter.
I agree that grilled asparagus is wonderful. The sugar adds an extra touch of sweetness to the asparagus which I very much enjoyed. I also liked the hint of smokiness from the paprika.