Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I am putting this here for safekeeping, found it on his blog..and I SOOO want to try these. He points out that in Louisiana this is normally made on a cast iron skillet
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb medium to large shrimp, peeled, heads and tails on
- salt and pepper
- rustic bread
- Heat a large (over 12 inches) cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter, and cook until melted and foamy, but do not let it brown. Add the lemon slices in a single layer and cook them undisturbed until they begin to brown, about 4 minutes.
- Add the rosemary, red pepper flakes, garlic, lemon juice, Worcestershire and hot sauce, and bring it all to a simmer. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper then add them to the skillet. They should sizzle as they hit the pan. Cook, stirring and turning often, until they are pink and firm to the touch, about 3 to 4 minutes. Season with more salt and pepper. Serve with crusty bread and additional hot sauce at the table.
We usually love the taste of lemon but in this dish we felt it was too overwhelming on the shrimps. And I omitted the lemon juice since I thought the lemon slices were enough. We loved the rosemary and garlic in this. Thanks Marra :) Made for Newest Zaar tag