1/2 Photos of Great Southern Oven Fried Chicken
I am a retired caterer. I have used this recipe for many years. Everyone I have served it too seems to just love it and always come back for seconds. Its one of the simplest and easiest fried chicken recipes you will ever prepare. The Ritz cracker crumbs were used many years ago as a last minute substitute for saltines. I think this was a one of my best substitutes ever. Needless to say I never used saltines again. I hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray a sheet cake style pan with non stick canola spray.
- 2Preheat oven to 400°F
- 3Wash chicken thoroughly and lay on paper towels and pat dry.
- 4Melt butter in a medium sized dish.
- 5Place Ritz cracker crumbs in a large bowl.
- 6Mix all seasonings together in a small bowl.
- 7Dip chicken pieces in the butter then immediately into the cracker crumbs.
- 8Place chicken in the sprayed pan.
- 9When all chicken is in the pan, sprinkle chicken evenly with seasoning mix.
- 10Bake in a 400°F oven for approx 35 to 45 minute or until chicken is completely cooked. You may be tempted to turn 1/2 way through baking. You can if you want, but it's really not necessary.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Great Southern Oven Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1051.5
- Calories from Fat 788
- Total Fat 87.6 g
- Saturated Fat 40.6 g
- Cholesterol 294.5 mg
- Sodium 973.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 45.6 g