Just like my Mom's BEST Banana Bread Recipe -I have tried, sampled, and made other Stuffing/Dressing Recipes before and believe me, NOTHING else comes close. Again, a little more work/fuss involved here as with Mom's Banana Bread, but WELL worth it. This submission is dedicated to my beloved Great Grandmother, God rest her soul - Ora Anice Adams-Tanzy...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute onion & celery in butter until softened (note; you may need to drain the liquids off the onion/celery - if too wet).
- 2Add crumbled sausage and cook until no longer pink.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, crumble cornbread & mix in seasoned breadcrumbs.
- 4Add celery, onion, and sausage mixture to cornbread & breadcrumbs, mix.
- 5Add turkey broth a little at a time and mix. Continue adding & mixing a little broth at a time until mixture is moistened )again, you may add more for a wetter dressing, or less if you like it drier).
- 6Grease a large casserole dish and bake in a preheated 375° oven for approximately 40 minutes.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Great Grandma Tanzy's Best Cornbread Sausage Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.5
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 24.4 mg
- Sodium 407.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: