Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A childhood favorite. Nothing like typical cajun dirty rice, but served in many southern homes in the 70's.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bulk pork sausage, mild
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups long-grain rice, uncooked (I use Uncle Ben's)
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef and sausage; drain off excess fat.
- Add onion, bell pepper and celery and saute until tender.
- Add cream of mushroom, celery and chicken soup and rice; mix well.
- Pour into greased large oblong baking dish.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
Oh boy!! What a recipe. My family loved this. I added just a touch of pepper. Served this with steamed veggies and green salad. Gets a thumbs up from my family. Thanks.