This is the wonderful goulash that my mother and grandmother make (a cheesy version)and yet another Southern dish that I grew up on. Its cheap, fulfilling, and easy to make.
- Cook elbow macaroni according to package directions and drain.
- Brown hamburger meat with chopped onion.
- In large pot combine macaroni, hamburger meat, Rotel, Tomatoe sauce, corn, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Cut up Velveeta into cubs and add to pot.
- Cover and cook on low stirring occasionally, until Velveeta is thoroughly melted.
- If too thick for your liking, you may add milk by the ¼ cup until desired consistency, but it's supposed to be rather thick.
- Serve with cornbread and pinto beans.