1/1 Photo of Grandma's Goulash
Ashley R. T. Shrout (ARTS)'s Note:
This is the wonderful goulash that my mother and grandmother make (a cheesy version)and yet another Southern dish that I grew up on. Its cheap, fulfilling, and easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook elbow macaroni according to package directions and drain.
- 2Brown hamburger meat with chopped onion.
- 4In large pot combine macaroni, hamburger meat, Rotel, Tomatoe sauce, corn, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- 5Cut up Velveeta into cubs and add to pot.
- 6Cover and cook on low stirring occasionally, until Velveeta is thoroughly melted.
- 7If too thick for your liking, you may add milk by the ¼ cup until desired consistency, but it's supposed to be rather thick.
- 8Serve with cornbread and pinto beans.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma's Goulash
Serving Size: 1 (386 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 739.8
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 29.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 111.1 mg
- Sodium 1801.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 38.5 g