Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is the wonderful goulash that my mother and grandmother make (a cheesy version)and yet another Southern dish that I grew up on. Its cheap, fulfilling, and easy to make.
- Cook elbow macaroni according to package directions and drain.
- Brown hamburger meat with chopped onion.
- In large pot combine macaroni, hamburger meat, Rotel, Tomatoe sauce, corn, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Cut up Velveeta into cubs and add to pot.
- Cover and cook on low stirring occasionally, until Velveeta is thoroughly melted.
- If too thick for your liking, you may add milk by the ¼ cup until desired consistency, but it's supposed to be rather thick.
- Serve with cornbread and pinto beans.
Awesome comfort food. My family loves this recipe and always asks when I will make it again. I do sub turkey for the hamburger meat and use mild rotel but that's the only change I make. Thanks for such a great recipe. Its a Keeper.
Hats off to Grandma! I didn't have any elbow macaroni so I substituted rotini. I'm not sure this is a southern dish, but it is certainly a keeper. It makes enough to feed quite a few.