So refreshing and healthy and the perfect side dish for any dinner! We had this with oven roasted Prime rib, Steakhouse Au Gratin Potatoes and Sauteed Green Beans with some crusty Italian bread and garlic butter.
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 2 cups butter lettuce leaves
- 2 cups romaine leaves
- 2 avocados, diced
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, rough chopped
- 1⁄2 cup basil, rough chopped
- 1 green apple, chopped
- 2 lemons, squeezed
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- In a container, (I use a Ball jar) mix the lemon juice, oil, garlic, Dijon and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Shake vigorously.
- In a large salad bowl toss all other salad ingredients and dress, to taste, with the vinaigrette.
I really loved this, though it was really tangy, so may add a little sugar to the dressing next time. Maybe we have very juicy lemons in NZ! However, the flavours and texture was fantastic, thank you.
A wonderful mix of flavors and, particularly, textures. A very green, green salad. The herbs, especially, make this quite special. I shall be making it again!