1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Posted in response to request. I have not tried this recipe. Could be used over rice or as a condiment. Times are estimated
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 lbs lean pork roast
- 2 -3 lbs lean beef roast or 2 -3 lbs chuck
- 1 lb white meat chicken (optional)
- 1 large onion
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 can white corn
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1Cut meat into large chunks.
- 2Place in a heavy pot and add water to barely cover.
- 3Simmer more than an hour.
- 4When the meat is very tender, drain and reserve any broth.
- 5Grind the meat with a coarse hand grinder or chop finely.
- 6(Using a food processor destroys the texture.) Grind one large onion.
- 7Place onion and the meat back into the pot and add one large can of tomatoes-juice and all.
- 8Add corn, vinegar and seasonings.
- 9Simmer a few minutes.
- 10Add the reserved broth to the meat until it reaches the consistency of stew.
- 11Serve it over white rice or bread with dill pickles on the side as a condiment.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Georgia BBQ Hash
Serving Size: 1 (369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 447.2
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 119.7 mg
- Sodium 958.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 39.4 g