Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
Tasty roasted chicken with a spice blended butter. Roasted potatoes and gravy round out the recipe.
- clean, wash and dry chicken.
- soak paper towel in lemon juice and rub inside and outside chicken.
- Put salt, pepper, garlic powder and thyme in coffee grinder and coarsley grind.
- dust inside of chicken with spice powder. Put 1 tablespoon of remaining powder in with butter and microwave to melt. Add a bit more garlic powder if you like.
- coat outside of chicken and under the breast skin with butter mixture. Cut up potatoes for roasting. Put in bag with some of the butter mixture and powder and coat. Put potatoes in bottom of roasting pan with white wine. Put chicken on rack and put in 325F oven for 1 hour 45 minutes. Start chicken breast down and flip after an hour or so to brown the breast.
- Remove chicken when done. Rest chicken for 10 minutes while making gravy. Put potatoes back in oven under broiler to brown up a bit. Makes the best chicken gravy I've ever had.
- "Roasted chicken with gravy and roasted potatoes".
- Start to Finish Time:.