2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 45 mins
Tasty roasted chicken with a spice blended butter. Roasted potatoes and gravy round out the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1clean, wash and dry chicken.
- 2soak paper towel in lemon juice and rub inside and outside chicken.
- 3Put salt, pepper, garlic powder and thyme in coffee grinder and coarsley grind.
- 4dust inside of chicken with spice powder. Put 1 tablespoon of remaining powder in with butter and microwave to melt. Add a bit more garlic powder if you like.
- 5coat outside of chicken and under the breast skin with butter mixture. Cut up potatoes for roasting. Put in bag with some of the butter mixture and powder and coat. Put potatoes in bottom of roasting pan with white wine. Put chicken on rack and put in 325F oven for 1 hour 45 minutes. Start chicken breast down and flip after an hour or so to brown the breast.
- 6Remove chicken when done. Rest chicken for 10 minutes while making gravy. Put potatoes back in oven under broiler to brown up a bit. Makes the best chicken gravy I've ever had.
- 8"Roasted chicken with gravy and roasted potatoes".
- 11Start to Finish Time:.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Butter Roasted Chicken With Lemon
Serving Size: 1 (415 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 558.0
- Calories from Fat 350
- Total Fat 38.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 175.5 mg
- Sodium 1365.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 39.0 g