Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from a newspaper clipping which said supposedly this recipe is from Galatoire's Restaurant, New Orleans, LA.
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 bunch green onion
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1⁄4 cup onion
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 cup creole mustard (Zatarain's)
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 1 1⁄2 ounces paprika
- 32 boiled shrimp, chilled
- Mince celery, green onion, parsley, and onions in a food processor. Add ketchup, tomato puree, Creole mustard, red wine vinegar, horseradish, and oil to the vegetables and mix all ingredients in the food processor adding paprika last. Allow the sauce to chill 6-8 hours before serving.
- Evenly coat the shrimp with the sauce in a mixing bowl and serve on a bed of lettuce.