Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great alternative to just having crab with drawn butter. You could use the snow crab typical to resaurants- not recommended. You should use the JUMBO Alaskan king Crab- typically very expensive but one whole leg is for one person. Sam's wholesale has some medium size that work well for about $17 for a 2lb bag.
- 2 lbs crab legs (the bigger the better!)
- 38 saltine crackers (1 whole sleeve)
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic powder
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 -3 eggs, beaten
- flour (for dredging)
- chopped parsley (optional)
- chives (optional)
- lemon wedge, cut up
- Crack legs and remove meat trying to get out whole pieces, picking out the joints and such is a great way to reserve meat for another recipe like stuffing for mushrooms etc so don't waste.
- crush crackers in a food processor (preferred method) until fine or use a freezer bag and crush with a rolling pin or a bottle (this method doesn't get them as fine as I like though).
- season one side of legs with garlic and cayene (or use the.
- seasonings you like).
- roll crab in flour then egg and last in crackers, place on a plate or cookie sheet until all are ready to fry.
- heat butter in a non-stick skillet on med heat until melted and add crab to pan cook a few minutes and turn. should be a light brown.
- turn again to allow further browning, remove to paper towles to drain excess grease
- serve while hot with lemon wedges and garnish with chives or parsley if desired.