Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
You place water in a cookie baking sheet, spread over flowers and berries, then freeze to make awesome glacier ice to cool down and pretty up your drinks! Cook time is freeze time. To get more ideas on different flowers you can use go to http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=299955 Enjoy!
- Pour 1 cup water into bottom of 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan with sides (or use a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan).
- Sprinkle surface of water evenly with about 1/2 cup edible flowers (such as marigolds, calendula, violets, pansies, or dianthus).
- Sprinkle surface of water evenly with 1 cup fresh raspberries or other fresh fruit. Freeze 3 hours or overnight.
- To unmold, allow to stand at room temperature 5 to 10 minutes or till ice can be removed. Remove from pan and break into large chunks.
- Use in punch, sangria, ice tea, coolers, spritzers, etc. So pretty!
Stunning! Yesterday I served DH's Ed's South of the Border Marinated Shrimp and made this ice glacier in a molded ring in order to hold the bowl of shrimp and keep them cold. I put tiny red roses from my Red Cascade bush, interspersed with bueberries for the red and blue theme on Memorial Day. I am going to keep a frozen mold available in the freezer for the next al fresco event. Thanks for the marvelous idea!