Makes a great spicy dish to serve over rice or pasta. Can explode with spice if you like it, but adjust the heat to your taste. So easy and quick to prepare, and tastes like you put so much more effort into it.
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 scallion, finely sliced
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- hot cooked rice or pasta
- Sprinkle shrimp with creole seasoning, salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Cook shrimp in olive oil in a hot skillet just until pink and curled, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and green onions and cook until fragrant.
- Stir in the whipping cream and cook until dish is warmed, stirring frequently.
- Mix in parsley and lemon juice just before serving.
- Serve over pasta or hot cooked rice, if desired.