An usual but tasty flavor combination from the Austin Jr. League Cookbook...pecans are everywhere in central Texas so this is their own take on a more typical salad. :o)
- Cut spinach into 1/2"x3" strips.
- Combine spinach, tomatoes, thyme, and 6 Tbsp olive oil in bowl; toss gently and season lightly with pepper, if desired.
- Cook pasta in boiling water 8 min, or al dente.
- Remove from heat (do not drain) and stir in zucchini; let stand 15-20 seconds.
- Drain and rinse with cold water; combine with spinach mixture and toss well.
- Drizzle with 2 Tbsp olive oil, if desired.
- Add feta and pecans; toss to mix and season with salt if desired.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Delicious! This was a wonderful combination of flavours and colours. My husband and I both enjoyed this salad; the only problem was practicing portion control!
This is a wonderful salad. The combination of feta cheese and pecans is delightful. It makes a beautiful presentation. Thanks for sharing this fantastic recipe.