From Emeril's.com; posted for ZWT 5.
Make and share this Emeril's Hurricane recipe from Food.com.
- 354.88 ml pineapple juice
- 236.59 ml orange juice
- 236.59 ml pomegranate juice, preferably a filtered (not cloudy)
- 118.29 ml grenadine
- 118.29 ml simple syrup
- 59.14 ml plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 59.14 ml plus 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 354.88 ml light rum
- 59.14 ml triple sec
- 118.29 ml dark rum
- orange slice, for garnish
- lemon slice, for garnish
- maraschino cherry, for garnish
- In a large pitcher combine the pineapple juice, orange juice, pomegranate juice, grenadine, simple syrup, lemon juice and lime juice and stir well to combine.
- Add the light rum, Triple Sec and dark rum and stir well.
- Serve in 16-ounce glasses over lots of ice and garnish each glass with 1 orange slice, 1 lemon slice, and 1 maraschino cherry.
Just like NOLA! I scaled down the drink since it was for only one. I left out the simple syrup because hurricanes in general are too sweet for me. It was very good indeed! Made for ZWT5 - RRR.
Awesome! Made multiple pitchers for my neighborhood holiday progressive party. Everyone loved these and I was asked for the recipe. We omitted both the grenadine and simple syrup based on reviews because we don't like sweet drinks. Obviously no one missed them! Thanks for a winner!
This is a delicious killer cocktail! I love the juiciness of it and the rum is the complimentary but not overpowering. I made it as written except for cutting out the simple syrup and using half the grenadine. I don't understand the 1/2 cup serving designation on the serving size. Making two we had two 16 oz tumblers filled to the brim before adding ice, so we split one and saved the other for another night. I don't know if it was all the sugar from the juices or what but both nights we had these I had a really difficult time going to sleep - I guess I'll be drinking them earlier in the day from now on! Thanks for sharing alli! Made for ZWT 9 by one of the Appliance Killers.