1/2 Photos of Easy & Quick Tater Tot Casserole
I'm posting this recipe because I love it so much! When I'm short on time, energy or ideas (or all 3) this recipe is my ace up my sleeve. I actually got it several years ago by eavesdropping in line at some mega mart on a distinguish established southern belle advising a young newlywed southern belle. But, don't worry, she was pleased to know I, too, was taking notes. I tweaked her recipe to my liking; I love onions and cheese, and prefer the cream of mushroom. Also, I prefer to leave out the celery, but my family likes it in.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb frozen tater tots
- 1/2 cup melted butter (separated into 2 - 1/4 cup portions) or 1/2 cup margarine (separated into 2 - 1/4 cup portions)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup cream of mushroom soup or 1/4 cup cream of chicken soup or 1/4 cup cream of celery soup
- 1/4 pint sour cream
- 1 1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- 1Defrost tater tots; preheat oven to 350.
- 2Combine 1/4 cup butter, salt, pepper, soup & sour cream (& chives).
- 3Mix tater tots with onion and cheese (& celery).
- 4Mix #2 & #3.
- 5Pour into greased 2-quart casserole dish.
- 6Mix 1/4 cup butter with crushed potato chips; sprinkle on top of casserole.
- 7Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy & Quick Tater Tot Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 783.0
- Calories from Fat 543
- Total Fat 60.4 g
- Saturated Fat 26.1 g
- Cholesterol 90.4 mg
- Sodium 1276.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 13.1 g