1/3 Photos of Easy Meat Pie
1 hr 5 mins
I was given this recipe from my multi-faceted manager, Linda Mitchell as a quick, easy, filling & delicious dish. I don’t eat Pork or Beef, however when I prepare this dish for my Grandmother (Ma), I use a ½ and ½ mixture of ground Turkey and ground Chuck as well as Onion & Garlic powder. You can’t tell it has any ground Turkey in it at all! This simple recipe for meat pie turns out a hit every time!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 cup dried onion
- 1/4 cup fresh onion (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 frozen 9-inch deep dish pie shell
- 0.5 (10 7/8 ounce) can campbell's condensed cream of chicken with herbs soup
- 0.5 (10 7/8 ounce) can campbell's condensed cream of mushroom & garlic soup
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- 2In a large bowl, mix your choice of ground meat, dried onions, garlic powder and onion powder thoroughly.
- 3In a skillet, heat canola oil on medium-high heat and brown the ground meat mixture, making sure to chop the meat into small pieces while browning until cooked through.
- 4Drain any excess oil and juices from skillet. Pour the browned meat mixture into a medium bowl. Add ½ can of the Cream of Chicken soup, ½ can of the Cream of Mushroom soup, fresh chopped onions and parsley to the browned meat and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- 5Beat egg until slightly foamy. In a small bowl add small-curd cottage cheese then FOLD the beaten egg into the cottage cheese until blended.
- 6Remove the 9-inch deep dish pie shell from the freezer. Pour the meat mixture into the pie shell and spread the cottage cheese mixture on top.
- 7Bake in pre-heated oven for 50-55 minutes or until top is golden brown. Let pie cool for approximately 15-30 minutes before serving.
- 8Serving suggestion: Serve with a side of green beans and a fresh, crisp salad. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Meat Pie
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.2
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 100.6 mg
- Sodium 445.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 20.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
condensed cream of chicken with herbs soup