1/3 Photos of Easy Crispy Fried Catfish
Chef Sweet Sal's Note:
This is a simple and delicious southern fried catfish recipe that I learned from my grandma. This is the same catfish you get in Texas home cooking restaurants, but with less grease. The measurements are not exact, but are very easy to figure out. Serve hot with tartar sauce. Mmmmmm!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large skillet, fill pan with 1/2 inch of vegetable oil. Turn on heat to medium or medium high heat.
- 2Dip catfish in milk, then in cornmeal. Shake off excess cornmeal.
- 3Once oil is hot, begin frying fish in batches until they are golden brown. Flip fish so each side is cooked evenly.
- 4(On the 2nd or3rd batch of fish, you may want to reduce the pan heat because it will be extra hot). Add extra oil if needed.
- 5Drain fish on paper towels and sprinkle with salt or seasoning salt.
- 6Serve hot with tartar sauce.
Browse Our Top Catfish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Crispy Fried Catfish
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.8
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 74.3 mg
- Sodium 111.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 28.1 g