This is a simple and delicious southern fried catfish recipe that I learned from my grandma. This is the same catfish you get in Texas home cooking restaurants, but with less grease. The measurements are not exact, but are very easy to figure out. Serve hot with tartar sauce. Mmmmmm!
- In a large skillet, fill pan with 1/2 inch of vegetable oil. Turn on heat to medium or medium high heat.
- Dip catfish in milk, then in cornmeal. Shake off excess cornmeal.
- Once oil is hot, begin frying fish in batches until they are golden brown. Flip fish so each side is cooked evenly.
- (On the 2nd or3rd batch of fish, you may want to reduce the pan heat because it will be extra hot). Add extra oil if needed.
- Drain fish on paper towels and sprinkle with salt or seasoning salt.
- Serve hot with tartar sauce.
Wonderful fish!!!!!!!!!!!Will be making these again. Easy and tasty. Made for PAC.
This was good but for some reason my breading fell off while frying it.