1 hr 5 mins
When you need an easy, inexpensive oven meal, this will please your family. A quick version of Southern comfort food.
My Private Note
9x13 in ...
Units: US | Metric
- 24 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat-free chicken broth (about 1-3/4 cups)
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 (10 ounce) can low-fat cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- salt and pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Lightly spray 9x13x2-inch casserole with non-stick cooking spray.
- 3Place chicken in single layer in casserole.
- 4In large bowl, combine soup, bouillon and 1/2 cup chicken broth.
- 5Stir with whisk to blend.
- 6Add remaining broth and mix.
- 7Pour over chicken.
- 8Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 9In medium bowl, mix melted butter, flour, milk and parsley.
- 10Spoon evenly over soup mixture.
- 11Bake for 40-50 minutes until a golden crust forms on top.
- 12NOTE: For a variation, add 1 can of carrots & peas, drained.
- 13NOTE: Although I have not tried cooking this in a crock-pot, I believe it would take about 3-4 hours or until crust rises and gets fluffy (but it won't brown).
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.6
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 107.0 mg
- Sodium 736.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 30.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules
low-fat cream of celery soup