1/2 Photos of Easy Cheesy Tomato Potato Chickpea Soup!
Began as a simple homemade potato soup, but after opening the cupboard and the fridge, a new heartier soup was born!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium white onion (chopped)
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- 6 medium russet potatoes (peeled, medium-large size dice)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper (scant, coarse ground)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 pinches fennel seeds (optional)
- 14 1/2 ounces stewed tomatoes (broken up)
- 15 ounces canned chick-peas (rinsed and drained)
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1Saute onion in olive oil.
- 2Add chicken broth, diced potatoes, salt, pepper, bay leaves, and fennel seed.
- 3Boil gently about 15 minutes until potatoes are tender, but not falling apart.
- 4Add tomatoes and chickpeas; bring back up to a simmer for about 5 minutes.
- 5Add evaporated milk and cheese; stir over lowest heat just until cheese melts ~ do not overheat or mixture will curdle!
- 6Remove bay leaves before serving.
- 7Serves 8-10.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Cheesy Tomato Potato Chickpea Soup!
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.6
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 33.6 mg
- Sodium 672.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 14.2 g